The Certification Office will process your documents to change from a 3 year license to a 5 year license when you have completed all deficiencies associated with your 3 year license. Please send the following to the Certification Office:
- A Licensure Request Form indicating a request to change from a 3 yr license to a 5 yr license.
- A new License Application will be required by the VDOE. (Ignore fee for initial license, no fee when changing from a 3 year to a 5 year)
- Official documentation that you have completed all deficiencies listed on your 3 year license.
- Official Transcripts (if applicable) of any course deficiencies that VDOE does not already have on file. Order transcripts from the college, university or institution and request they be sent to your home address. Official transcripts must contain a stamp or seal for licensure purposes; grade and credits earned must be reflected on the transcript, you may open transcripts to verify degree and credits have been posted; Use caution when ordering transcripts, Internet, eSCRIP-SAFE or third party transcripts such as Transcripts Network and the Parchment Company will not be accepted by the VDOE. Marked up or highlighted transcripts are also not accepted.
- Praxis, VCLA, VRA scores (if applicable)
- A College Verification Form will be required if you completed an approved license program at a college. (You should complete the top portion of this form and send to your College, your College will return the completed and signed form to you.
Educational Technology Standards must be met, please contact Instructional Technology if you need more information on this requirement 703.791.7298.
Child Abuse Recognition Training must be met. If you have not completed this no-cost, online course please go to http://www.vcu.edu/vissta/training/va_teachers/ and complete the training, survey and print a certificate to include with your licensure packet.
There is no fee to change from a 3-year license to a 5-year license. However if you need to add a degree to your license (such as adding Masters) please see “Add Degree” on the Licensure Request Form and there is a fee of $25 made payable to Treasurer of Virginia if you have earned a higher degree since your initial licensure with VDOE.
Please send a complete packet of documents to PWCS Certification Office for processing.
You may check the Certification website’s Alpha Roster of Requests mailed to VDOE to confirm that your documents were processed and mailed to the VDOE.